|Rise 'n' Shine||Gallery||Transcript|
A glimpse at the wild, secret adventures Clarence undertakes each day before the rest of us, and the sun, get up.
PlotThe episode begins with an overview of Clarence giving tips for a great morning, then it cuts to Clarence, in his pajamas, staring at the clock waiting for it to turn to 5:00 a.m.
He then enters the front yard where he sees the garbage truck doing it's weekly routine which leads him to try to start a conversation with the sanitation officer, Lucine, who tries to warn him to stay away from the truck because it is a dangerous piece of machinery. Clarence, not really minding the truck, continues to try to make a conversation with Lucine, which forces Lucine to ask her co-worker, Gary to show him his hand that is missing a finger and tells Clarence that he was maimed in the line of garbage duty. Clarence then proceeds to tell lucine a story about how he had to do garbage duty once,
A few moments later, Clarence is woken up by the sound of a police siren and then runs towards the passing police car to ask them if there is a manhunt going on. The policeman informs him that a mountain lion is loose in the city and that he should go home for safety. Clarence then goes into his backyard to feed the raccoons again and finds the mountain lion in his backyard, scaring the raccoons up a tree. Clarence gets frightened and runs through the streets screaming until he reaches the police and sheriff, where they all begin to run towards Clarences's and gain the attention of Randy and Lucine.
As the creatures are being taken away, Clarence says goodbye to the raccoons and proceeds to pet one of them, which the sheriff quickly alerts him that the raccoons could have rabies. It then cuts to Clarence entering his bedroom and collapsing on his bed while the clock strikes 6:59AM. Mary then passes by his room and says that he should get up because she is making egg salad which makes Clarence smile.
- This is the second episode Jeff and Sumo do not appear in. The first being "Zoo."
- This marks the first time Sumo is absent entirely, as he is not shown physically, mentioned, pictured, or his name or form seen in any other way.
- The title card for this episode resembles the "breakfast" that Clarence gave the raccoons.
- This episode only features 3 of the main/recurring characters: Clarence, Mary, and Chad. Every other character is a new debuting character that works (and probably lives) around Aberdale.
- It is revealed that Clarence wakes up at 5:00 a.m. on at least a semi-regular basis as hinted at by the town sheriff.
- The opening line is also used on beginning of the the game "Clarence's Amazing Day Out".
- The "Lionheart" song is a homage to Always by Erasure.
- The line "This isn't a pink mountain lion lisping about stage left" is a reference to Snagglepuss, a Hanna-Barbera character.
- Edvard Grieg's composition Morning Mood can be heard in the beginning of the episode.
- Clarence references the common convention of drawing cartoon characters with only four fingers by saying that Gary has a "Cartoon Hand".
- A pizza on the roof can be seen when Clarence is speaking to Lucine, which is likely a reference the the show Breaking Bad.
- Clarence appears to be writing his own novel entitled "Clarence the Sea Lion", Chapter 42 which can be a long novel.
- When Clarence Drops A Glow Stick On To The Fish Bowl, The Fish Bowl Represents The Plutonium Chamber From the Film Back To The Future.
- The Ranger's check was white.