Nature Clarence is the seventeenth episode in Season 1 of Clarence.
Clarence, Sumo, Jeff and Percy going on a hike with their "leader", Joshua.
PlotEpisode begins with Clarence telling his story about what happened when he and some other kids were on an adventure when Nature Kate. Clarence exaggerated everything, though, and Jeff didn't believe the story. Soon, Joshua arrives and tells Clarence, Jeff, Sumo and Percy that the hike's cancelled because Nature Kate has to save a baby goat.
They all go in Joshua's car, but it can't handle the rough terrain and lots of parts of the car pop off. Sumo punches Joshua's seat, and Clarence sings very loudly. The car nearly crashes a big rock, but Joshua goes around it in time, then Percy asks Joshua to open this milk carton. One hour later, more parts of Joshua's car pop off. Percy spits up his milk and Joshua gets distracted, causing the car to bump into a bunch of cacti.
Three hours later, Clarence, Jeff, Percy and Joshua check their phones to see if they can make contact. Clarence's phone has lots of bars, but a bird swoops in and takes his phone. Four hours later, the four are shown walking in the desert. Clarence says that Nature Kate got them there in only 20 minutes and even gave them granola. Joshua gets angry and tells someone else to lead. Clarence decides to be the leader,
Clarence tells the others that he found a hot tub. Joshua thinks Clarence has lost it, but there really is a hot tub there. Clarence and Percy goes inside the hot tub, and Jeff joins them, then Clarence tells Joshua to join in as well. Later, the four are still in the hot tub. Clarence looks up at the stars and talks about aliens in their hot tubs looking down at them, he thinks the aliens aren't having as much fun as they are,
Suddenly, Sumo and Nature Kate arrives and rescues Clarence and Joshua. Later, Nature Kate drives everyone home in her truck. Joshua tells Kate that he's not cut out for nature, so he thinks they should break up. Kate says that's great because she's already been seeing a guy named Damian, and didn't know how to tell him. All of a sudden, Sumo's goat bites one of Joshua's ears off and he starts freaking out, then the episode ends.
- This is the second appearance of Joshua: the first was "Lost in the Supermarket".
- Percy is seen sitting on the front seat even though he is the youngest.
- This marks the second time Percy plays a major role and appears without Belson, the first being "Dinner Party".
- It's shown that Joshua thinks Clarence is magic, possibly because of Clarence's great luck.
- Jeff seems to have gotten used to it, saying, "that's just Clarence."
- This is the third episode where Clarence's name is in the title.
- Sheep's Bridge is a real-life place and there is a hidden hot spring, but it's not a hot tub, it is, however, covered by tall grass.
- Clarence going "hoo hoo! hoo hoo!" while jumping around is a reference to the old 1930's Daffy Duck cartoons where he used to jump around yelling and screaming "hoo!" loudly.
- The Bubble Transition Could Be A Reference To The Spongebob Squarepants Transition. The Sound Can Also Be Heard.
- The Human Chain that Clarence, Percy and Jeff performed to rescue Joshua might be a possible referance to the controversial 2009 horror film, The Human Centipede.
- The Binto owned by Josh is said to be invincible by said him. Ironically, its real life counterpart (likely the Ford Pinto, wordplay on the word Pinto with Binto) is notorious for exploding after getting rear ended. The car's reputation for exploding in a rear end collision killed several people, and injured many others soured with this claim. Ultimately, the company who made the Pinto was brought to court over murder, costing Ford money and reputation as well.
From numerous amount of viewers, the episode recieved a mixed to negative reception. It received negatively in claims of criticizing it for the character, Joshua, not receiving any luck and consistently getting hurt in a result of Clarence and his friends main blame for this reason.