Motel is the 37th episode of season 2, the 88th episode overall of Clarence.
Following an insect mishap, Clarence's house needs to be fumigated, forcing Mary, Chad, and Clarence into a motel, where Clarence and Chad learn a bit about responsibility; Mary contemplates a life of letting go.
Mary arrives with the groceries to her house, but everything is a disaster, suddenly, she realizes that Clarence and Sumo have made a bug city in the closet, then they go to a motel. There, Chad pretends to be French and introduces Mary to the motel room. Both are accommodated in the motel, Mary is going to take a bath.
Chad and Clarence have fun at the motel, leaving it messy. They plan a surprise dinner for Mary. She comes out of the bathroom and accommodates herself in the room, no matter what mess she makes. Chad and Clarence must collect coins to buy dinner, fortunately, the lady of the motel gives them a dollar to clean the rooms and then Chad and Clarence begin to clean, they use creative and fun methods to clean the room.
The two go out to buy dinner at the same time Mary leaves to go to the jacuzzi. Clarence and Chad buy a burrito, but a manager of the motel locks the door, causing both of them to be locked up. Mary gets in the jacuzzi, but there is another woman, Mary gets a little nervous and leaves the jacuzzi, at the same time, Clarence and Chad finish cooking the burrito, but they can not leave the room. Mary opens the door of the room and the three of them go home, but everything is a mess, however, Chad continues playing to be French, ending the episode.
- Chad had fun with Clarence and Sumo when they made "bug city".
- Mary played with Chad to make Chad a French man.
- Apparently, Clarence did not know this.
- Mary assumes a bad smell on her feet.
- The employee in the motel office was playing solitaire.
- This also happens in Patients, Nurse Tacker played solitaire before Mary arrives.
- It's seen that Clarence's house is a mess constantly.
- Several Moomin characters are seen in the background as figures.
- The song "Mama Said Smack Your Butt" is a parody of the song "Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J.