|Man of the House||Gallery||Transcript|
Clarence’s first night home alone spirals out of control, forcing Clarence and his pals to wage war against their own home security measures.
PlotThe episode begins with a commercial about "Monster Truck Joust Rally", featuring Rake Backburn. Mary and Chad are going to go see the joust,
Clarence and Sumo play with a sink sprinkler, and they play baseball with a sandwich and a frozen waffle, and then they play "Toy-nado". Meanwhile, Mary and Chad are watching the joust, and Mary is very ecstatic to see Rake. Back at Clarence's house, he and Sumo play Monster Truck Joust, which is abruptly stopped due to Clarence being naked under his box. Then, he Sumo and Jeff play bowling with ordinary kitchen items, and Clarence won.
At the joust, Mary notices that it's beginning to rain. Chad pulls out the umbrella and they begin to kiss. An announcer says that anyone who has backstage passes can meet Rake Backburn in person. Mary wishes they had backstage passes. Turns out that Chad did get passes, but he accidentally left them at home, so Chad leaves to get the passes. Back at the house, Clarence, Jeff and Sumo sets up tons of man-traps in every room just in case of burglars, and they mistake Chad for one, but they soon realize it's just him. Chad tells them that he has to come in to look for something. The boys let Chad in the house, but they have to remove all of the traps before Chad goes in the rooms where the traps are.
- Rake Backburn
- Don Delaio
- Gilben (cameo)
- Unnamed purple shirted man
- Unnamed brown haired woman
- Dilliss (Mentioned only)
- The "smash", "spray" and "strike" mini-games in Clarence's Amazing Day Out! are based on this episode.
- The episode arguably marks the first time where nothing good comes out of Clarence's antics with Chad getting sent to the hospital, the house becoming a mess, and Clarence having to drive a few laps with Rake before his mom goes ballistic on him.
- This is the second time Jeff shown to be feminine, the first time was in Dollar Hunt.
- This is also the second episode that Jeff goes out of character, the first time was in Dinner Party.
- It is revealed that Clarence sees Chad as an army officer or navy seal.
- There was at one point where one of their daydreamings were altered or never made it from what it originally was:
- Clarence's daydream did featured dogs playing card, except it originally was going to has his, Jeff and Sumo's heads on a dogs body.
- Jeff's daydream was the same the current one, except Clarence and Sumo were tied to the couch, not in the closet.
- Sumo's daydream was originally going to feature Clarence and Jeff as infants while Sumo appeared as a adult and a father while it also featured Belson (who was not feature in this episode, but rather a cut content), as a spider form where it showed Sumo try to kill it, either a pan and finally a spear, but was shown offscreen.
- When Clarence and Jeff are having a friendly debate about how the words "burger" and "burglar" differ from each other, Clarence make a noticeable reference to the Hamburglar from the McDonald's franchise, even though Clarence actually says "hamburger".
- Clarence, Jeff and Sumo setting the man-traps to protect his house is a parody of the 1990 film "Home Alone" where a boy sets booby traps to defend his house from robbers.
- When Sumo fantasizes about being a dictator and blowing up Florida (which then becomes seperated from the USA), the music that was playing is similar to the song "It's The End Of The World" by R.E.M.