Dollar Hunt is the tenth episode in Season 1 of Clarence.
Clarence tries to meet new friends through a dollar hunt. But he accidentally buries a 20 dollar bill that his mom gave him to buy groceries to make a casserole for her book club meeting.
PlotThe episode begins with Clarence tumbling onto a stage announcing the third annual daily dollar hunt. He tells the participants that Jeff will tell them the rules and it was brought to them by the Clarence group.
Blaide was obsessed with a ceramic frog. Mary was opening the sliding door to tell Clarence that she was going to the hair salon to get her hair done. Clarence held out the twenty dollar bill to get ingredients for a casserole. Clarence saw that it was a one dollar bill. Clarence told Jeff he buried the twenty dollar bill. He then babbled over the megaphone that he really buried the twenty dollar bill. Realizing that Clarence hid the twenty dollar bill, everyone hunting for the money upped searching production. Clarence tried to stop the hunt by ending it early.
Clarence, Jeff, and Sumo know they have to get the dollar before the hunters. Jeff tells Clarence to use his brain to go back and to find the location of the money before the hunters. Clarence remembers that the money was by the tree. Clarence babbles that the money was by the tree and everyone searched by the tree. They got alot of holes. Blaide finds the money. He was going to give the money to Clarence but Malakevin took it, split it, and ate it. Clarence, Sumo, and Jeff find it depressing. The trio decide to make their own casserole. They get ingredients for a casserole.
- Ms. Mushburgur
- Unnamed Purple Dress Lady
- Unnamed Grey Haired Woman
- Chad (voice only)
- Sue Randell or EJ Randell (mentioned)
- Sumo's Brothers (mentioned)
- Jeff is seen wearing a skirt while taking out the casserole.
- The episode reveals that Sumo's brothers had made him a birthday cake out of shaving cream and sponges.
- During Clarence's "re-tracing his steps in his mind" segment, there is a scene with him in a closet swinging in a big white suit jacket singing "Stop making sense, making sense." This is a reference to the Talking Head's song "Girlfriend is Better" and the concert film "Stop Making Sense".
- Jazzy Jake, the rabbit with a saxophone is a reference to the Energizer bunny.
- Malakevin's citation "Andrew Jackson was a cannibal" comes from Coffin Handbills smear campaign against Andrew Jackson, who made many accusations, one of them is cooking natives and eating them.
- At the start of the casserole-making scene, one of the items in the pantry is Cocoa Balls, a reference to Cocoa Puffs.
- As Jeff enters the kitchen, you can briefly see the smeared initials "SU" on the fridge. It is possible that the initials mean "Steven Universe", another Cartoon Network show and the title character of the same name.