Ms. Baker introduces a new student, a short little kid with a hook for a hand named Balance.
Clarence is pumped to have a new friend, despite Balance’s gruff attitude and snarky jibes at the other kids. When Clarence discovers a disturbing secret about Balance, he and Belson team up to expose him for who he truly is.
PlotEpisode begins at school where Ms. Baker announces that they have a new student in class. The new student steps out of his seat and stands next to Ms. Baker to introduce himself. He says he's called Balance, and he tells the class some things they don't understand. He also flirts with Ms. Baker, then he reveals his hook hand which scares the class.
Later in the hall, Balance hits his hook hand on the lockers before meeting Clarence. Clarence is excited to talk to him, and mentions how cool it was when everyone freaked out about his hook hand. Clarence also introduces himself and shows Balance some rocks, then he asks Balance if he wants to sit with him during lunch, but Balance's response is completely unrelated; he wonders if Clarence has been telling people that he looks like him. Clarence doesn't understand Balance's question, so Balance pulls on Clarence's shirt with his hook hand and asks the question again. Balance doesn't give Clarence time to explain himself, then Balance tells him not to stick his nose where it doesn't belong, and he makes the pile of rocks fall out of Clarence's locker.
Clarence tells Belson that they have to catch Balance in the act to show how much of a bully he is, then the scene cuts to Belson in the hall with a tape recorder and microphone under his shirt. He starts talking to Balance, who is also in the hallway, and tries to get him to say something mean,
Clarence follows Balance to the restroom, and when we opens the door, he sees Balance shaving his beard, and yells all the way to the teachers' lounge, but somehow, Balance has already beaten Clarence there, and he's standing on the table telling jokes to the teachers. Ms. Shoop tells Clarence that he's not allowed in the teachers' lounge, but Balance says Clarence can stay because he's just in time for "the show". Balance tells Mr. Reese to hand him a tiny cream cup, and he balances on it. He also tells Reese to try and make him fall by moving his hand under his foot, and Balance jumps up and avoids falling down every time. The teachers are amazed, and Clarence asks how is Balance doing that.
- Amy Shtuzger
- Sumo (cameo)
- Brady (seen from a distance)
- Emilio (seen from a distance)
- Crendle (seen from a distance)
- Memo (seen from a distance)
- Tappy Cards Kid
- Unnamed yellow shirted kid
- Unnamed boy with green shirt
- Unnamed kid with yellow shirt and glasses
- Ms. Shoop
- Unnamed Ringmaster
- Unnamed Mud Belson
- This is Balance's first appearance.
- He later returned in A Nightmare on Aberdale Street: Balance's Revenge.
- Some fans had negative reactions toward this episode such as Clarence and Belson getting in trouble and getting punished for trying to expose Balance (while he gets away with it) and for its confusing and out of nowehere ending.
- When Clarence wants Balance to sit with him in the Cafeteria, his green beans turn yellow for a brief second.
- After Percy finishes his avocado presentation, Ms. Baker says that "Darcy" is up next. However, there is no one with that name in Ms. Baker's class. This is probably a mistake and she was most likely referring to Darlie.